Tropical Smoothie is an ultra-cool and sweet smoothie drink. The Bahama Mama Tropical Smoothie Recipe is a blend of pineapple, mango, strawberry and other tropical fruits, making it ideal for summer parties. This tropical drink is just what you need if you crave something light yet delicious through the winter months.
Table of Contents
About Bahama Mama Tropical Smoothie
A Bahama mama tropical smoothie is a delicious and refreshing drink you can make at home or order at any bar or restaurant. It’s made with rum, pineapple, orange, and banana liqueur.
The ingredients are mixed in a blender to create a smoothie-like consistency that comes out bright orange in color. You can also use oranges instead of pineapple juice for a different taste profile!
Who doesn’t love a Bahama mama? It’s sweet, it’s delicious, and it is the perfect drink for any occasion.
The Bahama mama has everything you need to feel good about your drink: it’s got a little rum and coconut flavor, but not too much. The pineapple juice makes it taste like you’re in a tropical paradise, while the orange juice adds just enough citrus flavour to make you feel like you’re on vacation without hurting your teeth.
That’s right: no artificial flavours! Just all-natural goodness that tastes like you’re drinking something made in a tropical paradise by someone who knows what they’re doing when it comes to beverages.
Health benefits of Bahama mama tropical smoothie?
- One of the health benefits of the Bahama mama tropical smoothie is that it’s rich in vitamins and minerals. The ingredients include pineapple, mango, banana, coconut milk and ice. These foods have a variety of vitamins and minerals that can help your body stay healthy.
- The ingredients also contain antioxidants that can help prevent free radicals from damaging your cells. Free radicals are molecules that are produced when you exercise or eat certain foods. They can cause damage to your cells if antioxidants don’t neutralize them.
- Another benefit is that this drink provides a good amount of fiber. One serving contains almost 5 grams of fiber, about 10 percent of what adults need daily. Fibre helps keep your digestive system working properly by preventing constipation and diarrhea.
Here are some other benefits you may experience:
- Increased energy levels
- Improved digestion
- Faster metabolism
- Improved skin health
- Reduced risk of heart disease
The ingredients in a Bahama Mama Tropical Smoothie recipe are:
Pineapple juice is a sweet, tropical fruit that has a unique taste. It is made from pineapples and is often used to make smoothies and other beverages. It can be combined with other fruits, such as banana and strawberry, to add flavour to your drink. Pineapples are one of the richest sources of bromelain, an enzyme that helps digestion and may help reduce inflammation.
- Crushed ice
The crushed ice gives you a cool kick with every sip. It’s also great for mixing up the flavour with every bite—so you never have to get bored with your smoothie!
And what about that flavour? It’s totally tropical and delicious! You’ll be on a beach somewhere in paradise, sipping away.
The Orange Juice in Bahama Mama is a great addition to this smoothie. It adds a nice citrus flavour that helps cut through the sweetness of the mango and pineapple.
The orange juice also gives this drink a hint of tanginess that helps balance the sweetness.
In addition, it adds some healthy vitamins such as Vitamin C and antioxidants to help give you energy throughout your day.
- Sweetened Coconut Flakes
The sweetened coconut flakes are a great source of fibre and antioxidants, which help keep your body healthy and your mind clear. The coconut also contains lauric acid, which can help boost your immune system to fight infections.
Plus, the coconut oil in this smoothie is rich in MCTs that provide energy for your body and brain. This means you can focus on what matters most to you throughout the day.
Yoghurt is one of the best ingredients that you can use to make smoothies. This is because it has many health benefits, helps you to lose weight, and has a lot of nutrients that are good for your body. Yoghurt is also a good source of calcium and protein. It also helps to keep your bones healthy and strong as well.
The use of honey is not only healthy but also delicious. It has a sweet flavour and can be used in various ways.
Honey is a sweetener that comes from the nectar of flowers. It can be used to make desserts, tea and coffee drinks, cocktails, and other alcoholic beverages that are sweetened with sugar or other sweeteners such as artificial substances like high-fructose corn syrup or artificial sweeteners like Splenda® or Equal®. Honey can also reduce stress levels because it contains tryptophan, an amino acid that helps reduce anxiety by increasing serotonin levels in the brain.
How to make Bahama mama tropical smoothie
Combine the pineapple and orange in a blender/mixer with just enough water to cover them. Blend until smooth, then add the sweetened coconut flakes, yoghurt, and honey. Blend again until smooth. Pour into glasses and serve immediately.
For best results, follow this tip:
1. Make sure you have all the ingredients on hand before you start making your smoothie, so you can get it made as quickly as possible.
2. Add ice cubes to the blender first, then add any frozen fruit or other ingredients, followed by the liquid base (milk or juice). This will help keep your blender from getting stuck or overheating.
3. Put the lid on tight, but not too tight; you want it to be snug enough that it doesn’t come off during blending but not so tight that it’s hard to get off when you’re done!
4. Blend on low speed for a few seconds before moving up to high speed for a minute or two—this helps ensure that all of your ingredients get mixed evenly and thoroughly before they’re blended into a smooth consistency!
What other mix can you add?
There are a few things we think would make this smoothie even tastier:
1. A scoop of protein powder or some peanut butter or almond butter (or any nut butter) can be added to the smoothie base to make it more filling and add a little extra protein
2. If you’d like to make it more filling, you can add a tablespoon or two of chia seeds or flaxseeds at the end of the blending process. These will absorb liquid and create a little bit of gel-like substance that will help you feel full longer. They’ll also add some fibre and omega-3s to your smoothie!
3. We love adding bananas as an add-on because they’re sweet enough that they don’t need much sugar added on top (and they’re good for you!). Bananas help with digestion and give your body energy—they’re also packed with potassium which helps balance sodium levels in the body and may reduce the risk of heart disease by lowering blood pressure.
We recommend keeping your Smoothie in the freezer for up to 6 months. If you’re planning to make your smoothie ahead of time and put it into a container in the freezer, be sure to leave room for expansion so that your drink doesn’t spill over and freeze together with other items in your freezer.
When you’re ready to use your frozen mixture, let it thaw at room temperature for 30 minutes before blending again.
This smoothie is the perfect indulgence for a warm summer day, and it’s also pretty easy to make. So let’s not waste any more time and get down to business! Although if you are going to be lazy (I won’t tell), you could always pour this in the plastic cup, add some ice and a straw and head out the door or onto the deck or beach to relax. You’ve earned it!
- 2 cups pineapple chunks
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- 1 cup of honey
- 1 cup of yogurt
- Combine the pineapple and orange in a blender/mixer with just enough water to cover them.
- Blend until smooth, then add the sweetened coconut flakes, yoghurt, and honey.
- Blend again until smooth. Pour into glasses and serve immediately.