Hi, let me introduce myself. I’m Canadian. I enjoy eating as much as I enjoy cooking. My husband and I love experimenting with food by adding different food combinations to make unique and yummy artisan dishes. We created a blog not long ago where we share some of the culinary creations that we come up with. One of our favorites has to be strawberry peanut butter pie. We figured why not write about this deliciousness so we could post it on our blog for you to see too! Hope you enjoy it!
About Strawberry Peanut Butter Pie
Strawberry peanut butter pie is a delicious dessert that is perfect for any time of year. It can be made with fresh or frozen strawberries and has a creamy, rich filling that pairs perfectly with the sweet crust.
The pie should be kept refrigerated until you’re ready to serve it, but you can make it ahead of time and freeze it. The filling will need about an hour in the refrigerator before serving.
You can use any type of creamy peanut butter for this recipe, but we recommend using organic if possible. You don’t want to use the dry roasted variety because it doesn’t have quite enough flavour for this recipe—you want something more like Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter or something similar.
To make strawberry peanut butter pie, start by making sure all your ingredients are at room temperature before starting. To make the filling: In a large bowl, combine softened cream cheese with sugar, salt and vanilla extract until smooth and well-blended; set aside. In another bowl, whisk together heavy cream and sour cream until thickened; add this mixture into the cream cheese mixture; fold in chopped peanuts (optional). Spoon into pre-baked 9″ deep-dish pie shell, then top with sliced strawberries. You can check the recipe below for more info.
- 1 package (2 sheets) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup whipping cream (35% whipping cream), divided use
- 2 tablespoons cold butter, diced into 1/8" cubes
- 2 cups finely chopped strawberries (about 10 small or 8 medium)
- Wash and cut the strawberries into small pieces, discarding any that are bruised or too soft.
- Mix together the peanut butter, sugar, and cornstarch in a large bowl until well blended.
- Add half of the berries to the peanut butter mixture and stir until well combined.
- Set aside the other half of the berries for later use in decorating your pie!
- Spoon the strawberry mixture into an unbaked pie crust and spread evenly across the bottom and sides of the pan.
- The crust will be thick with filling at this point because we haven't cooked it yet! That's okay, it'll get thinner later when we bake it in the oven!